Thursday, August 25, 2011

Forever In My Mind

A curse through a dream
from the lips of yesterday.
To enjoy the humiliation of it
or laugh it off
and simply act like I do.
"Your world is forever in your mind,”
to rewind and replay
like a little torture device
permanently connected at the hip
to rewind and replay
the anguish of the day.
You weren't my first and you weren't my last
but will be a person
forever in my past.
Like prepping a wall
you laid your primer,
a white wash,
subduing my pretenses,
my preconceived notions
covering over
all of my oceans.
A white wash to cover the mess
splattered there from year to year.
Like a great salt plain
you alter my perception.
To trust my eyes
to know how far it was
from here to there
was more than I could bear.
A year or two of stumbles and falls
three or four
why is there so much more?
Trapping me in my box
because my world will forever be in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment